What is As-Built Documentation
As-Built documentation refers to the collection of documents and drawings that documents the existing state of the structure or facility, and contains mark-ups, annotations, and comments that have been made to the construction drawings (paper or electronic) or other contract documents during the construction phase.
Usually, the design engineering firm would provide a set of construction drawings to the construction contractor, which will be the basis of any construction on site. But due to some conditions not envisaged during design phase, some drawings may need to be modified on site during construction, subject to necessary approval of the resident engineer. All these changes would need to be marked-up on the construction drawings and later transferred to the original CAD drawings to generate the as-built drawings which now represents the final facility as constructed on site.
The importance of as-built documentation cannot be over-emphasised, as it is necessary for any future modifications or expansion to the structure or facility, to avoid clashes and damage to existing infrastructure, especially when they are below grade and are not visible.
Where as-built documentation of a facility does not exist, laser scanning technology can be deployed to create 3D model of the facility on a computer to reproduce the required drawings.
The Benefits of As-Built Documentation
- Generate 2D drawings, plans, elevations, sections, piping drawings, etc.
- Identification of deviations between the original documentation and the reality
- Visualization of your facility as-is
- Availability of data needed for reconstruction or modification work
- Effective support for clash check (collision detection) while planning modifications or extensions to existing facilities
As-Built Documentation Services by Aquila Consults Limited
Aquila Consults Limited can help you produce the as-built documentation for your facility. We can help you in the following ways:
- Incorporate red-line marked up drawing from site on existing electronic construction drawing to generate as-built documentation
- Convert your as-built paper drawings to 2D CAD drawings (back drafting) and 3D Models.
- Take your construction drawings to site and mark-up all modifications not previously captured, and incorporate same to produce as-built documentation
- In conjunction with our laser scanning partners, completely create a 3D laser scan and model of your facility and generate relevant 2-D models e.g plans, layouts, elevations, sections, etc.
- Update of existing documentation e.g P & IDs to new company standards
Do not hesitate to contact us today for your as-built documentation works!